Mid Atlantic Finance - They Disabled my Vehicle!!!!
Before I even begin this review, I will be more than happy to provide bank statement transactions and my payment booklet to prove I was not only on-time with all of my payments, but I paid them EARLY every 2 weeks.
I made a payment this past Wednesday (12/31/2014) in my regular amount of $220.00. 01/09/2015 I went out to my car after work only to discover that they had DISABLED the ignition on my car via GPS! I tried calling MidAtlantic for 45 minutes but I would get stuck in an automated phone system look after waiting on hold because no one would answer the phone. I tried calling several times with no luck.
I ended up having to take a TAXI home from work. After I got home I emailed MidAtlantic about the situation. This was their reply to me:
Danielle Wilkinson [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Saturday, January 10, 2015 9:07 AM
I contacted Passtime and they do not have anyone in the office today to
assist me with getting you a signal, they should have this resolved on
Monday for you. The device was not renewed by the dealership prior to
selling to us, on Monday we will contact pastime and work to get that
renewed. I will contact you as soon as I have a signal avail to enable your
device, and again I apologize for the inconvenience.
So in other words, I will be without a car this weekend and I will have to take a taxi to run errands and go to my appointments. Not only to I pay approximately $15 a day to use this car, but now I will have to pay for cab fare on top of it. I was EARLY (not late) on my payment and there is absolutely no justification for disabling my vehicle.
Not only did I ever agree to allow my account to be transferred to this finance company, they wont let me make my payments by debit card unless I was to pay a $12.00 fee through MoneyGram. I never agreed to the new finance terms with this company.
I feel I was taken advantage of and used. I've been an excellent customer for well over a year, and in the end what I get is a device on my car to track my every move, and a car that won't work now because they never updated the GPS device. Shameful.
My plan is to drive this vehicle through the front doors and into the showroom where I originally financed the car. Then I'm going to go to a reputable dealership and get a new car... and if they mention "Mid Atlantic"--- ANYTHING I'm walking out the door.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Loan being sold to them
- Cant pay w credit debit card
- Gps tracking device
- Wont answer phones
- Stopped responding to my email
- Wont call me back
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Preferred solution:
- Take the GPS out of my car!! You have ALL of my information! The only thing you dont know about me is my blood type! Take this GPS out of my vehicle.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Loan
- Review category
- Financial Services
You May Also Like
- "Not sure how many people read the paper these days...but today in the Bourbonnais, Illinois Daily Journal a story line caught my eye...'IL residents snap up U.S. State Silver Bars'...."
- "I'm a former Primerica representative and I feel that it is necessary to clear my conscience and tell the world about the horrible experience I had in the company. ..."
- "Last year I met a guy at a business mixer who chatted with me for a minute or two and then immediately asked me if i was looking for work..."
- "I bought woodworking plans from an online retailer called TheGeekPub.What I received was a bunch of stolen plans! Plans they downloaded from reputable websites and then bundled without permission into a..."
- "I buy pretzels from here all of the time. This is what my sister always wants for Christmas. We pretty much love them. I just bought a basket..."
- "Ordered a Premium Large Garden Basket (the biggest upgrade) for a friend's funeral. They assured me they would be delivered to the funeral home by 10:30am since the funeral started..."
- "Purchased new headlights, and they came with two o ring seals that were ripped. So I asked if I could return for a refund, and they said, "Sure, you pay..."
- "Hello there this is been the worst experience of my life well not quite but it has been a terrible one. I ordered a dress from tbdress and it was..."